Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Horrendous Effects of Typhoon Ketsana aka "Ondoy"




















photos taken from yeeta.com

One of the most shocking natural disasters of the year, the flood aftermath brought about by Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy). This indeed does not look good. When I first saw these pictures, I felt my heart crushed into pieces. I am very much saddened and I pity the citizens of my country who are victims of the flood.

However, we must also bear in mind that we must take care of the natural resources that we have so that horrible disasters like these may be avoided. Let us try to stop the excessive cutting of trees without replacing them, try not to litter just anywhere and avoid things or acts which are hazardous to the environment.

On the other hand, I really appreciate the help that the citizens, volunteers and the
Philippine government who have helped our fellowmen in this trying time. I feel bad for the families who have lost their loved ones and those who have lost their homes. I salute those brave countrymen who shed their lives just to save others and I admire those people from all parts of the world who have helped our country and showed their concern. May this serve as a lesson to us all and move us to change our ways.



2 comments:

  1. the best wake up call we've ever received from mommy nature kes...

    ReplyDelete